Angkor wat

Angkor wat

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Leisure

Walk along that muddy lane

Stop a bit and smell the rain

Slosh your way through scattered pools

There's nothing calling you..

Burst of colour in your eye

Stare on, rainbows never lie

Drink in dahlias sinfully strong

There's nothing calling you..

Hug that mug and swirl your tongue

NEVER let cocoa go unsung :>

Hear the traffic or let it by

There's nothing calling you..

Soak in memories old and new

Make up stories - none of them true

Grab that second of pure content

There's NOTHING calling you!

This is a very off the cuff 10 min rhyme but certainly truly felt! I just had three conversations interrupted within 5 min of starting- all with ' Ok I must rush..' It made me wonder- Are we contaminating our leisure so much with outside thoughts that we no longer appreciate what it means? Is 'free time' equivalent to a lunch or movie out? Or classified as compulsory 'quality time' with someone? I find it very scary that we're gradually forgetting the concept of pure undiluted contentment. God knows (if he exists :>) its hard enough to achieve- but are we infact selling it away?
These are my standard mood enhancers- possibly ridiculously simple, but they work :>
P.S. 'Calling you' I realised, could well mean the mobile phone, too!

Also, Verse 1 is for Anusha and verse 3 for Najla.. :>

3 comments:

Pritesh Dagur said...

Girl, should I sue you for reading my thoughts and penning them down before I could put them down on paper (thankfully, mine was a paragraph based writing or else, I'd claim damages in "What woman want" kinda mind-reading!!!!!!!!!!). Side effects of spiritual twinness, I suppose :D

But I couldn't agree more! I've had to cut friends out, what friends even Ananth lately saying I got to rush! It hurt like hell! And I suppose it's time we stopped and smelled the roses!

Lovely idea and so well put! I hope not to abruptly end conversations with "I got to rush"! :-(

Unknown said...

Aiyo Laasya!! u can strings alphabets and make meaningful words!!!! wow!!! i m sooooooo proud of u..... he he he he :)

Anusha said...

CHEESY COMMENTS.........there laasya, i have decently written 'cheesy comments' jesht like you asked me to :D
ok, that was cheap.............on the other hand.......here's a verse for you!

Wake up and rush to lab, madam!
It's already half past 10 am!
Gobble your food, no time to chew,
E.coli in log phase call out to you.
Hurry! Finish your cheese and bun,
There's loads of patching to be done
No time to gaze at the sky so blue,
Your advisor's got his eye on you.....

:D