Angkor wat

Angkor wat

Sunday, March 16, 2008

visit to the doc's

At the doctor's- me, mum and the Doctor
Doc:(Peering two inches to the right of me..turned out he had a squint..)So, what is the problem?Mum(nervously): Not me, my daughter..(pointing at me)
Me (brightly): Hello Sir I'm Laasya.
Doc: Hmm. (quiet for 10 seconds) So?
Me (taken aback): So..?
Doc: So what happened last year?
Me (already on the verge of giggling aloud): No, thats my name. L-a-a-s-y-a.Not 'last year'..
Doc: Oh. Nice name, nice name. V unusual. (hideous sudden smile)
Me (Ya, obviously not familiar to you..) Thank you. Umm (determined to introduce business)..I ve been throwing up all solid food for the last two weeks almost. Taken xyz, strict diet, anything beyond curdrice seems bad..
Doc: Happens. Happens. All stress.
Mum (eagerly): Yes she's always stressed out, you know how these students are..
Doc: Oh ya you're at the institute? No wonder. V grim place
Me: (Not sure what to say..)
Doc: (leaning over and directly)Your mother has told me everything!
Me (whispering to add to drama) Everything?
Doc (satisfiedly):Ye-verything. You are feeling stressed right?
Me: No Sir, actually I'm feeling v happy
Doc: Don't be shy. All institute students are feeling low. They go through these phases..
Me (will someone please pay attention to my tummy??!): Sir I'm normally v happy.
Mum (reluctantly):Ya she's always been v chirpy, but (recovering) very tense. Full of nervous energy (her favourite phrase)
Doc: So (heartily), v quiet girl no? You should talk more, I think?
Mum (stunned): N-o, I don't think thats a problem
Me:(put on a quiet introverted face)
Doc (foiled but not giving up): Oh. Anyway you should laugh. (to mum) you should tell her more jokes at home..ha ha
Mum (weakly): If she laughs any more..
Doc: Huh?
Mum:(firmly) She laughs a lot, actually. Now abt this problem..
After which the conversation was entirley technical and useful, but I have to say less entertaining!!

3 comments:

Pritesh Dagur said...

Hahahahahahaha! Your Mom has (and has had ever since I've heard about what all she has to live with) my full sympathy and empathy! :D

Arnab De said...

this made me laugh quite a lot!

Unknown said...

The doc really needs help!!!!! if he had only asked u to stop laughing ur tummy would have been fine :)